I’m embarrassed to see how long it’s been since I’ve posted anything. Last time I posted, I said something about how I was going to start to (slowly) work on some new cookbooks. I did actually keep that promise, but then my world turned topsy-turvy.
Not long after I posted, a family looking for a new location for their business came to look at Desserts Plus and quickly made us an offer on our building. We accepted for many reasons, and starting looking for a new space. We had no idea how long it would take us.
Since moving our of our building 13 (!) months ago, we’ve had a pop-up store for Passover, rented a kitchen to cater a few major events and even had a booth at a farmer’s market for part of the simmer.
All along we worked on finding our space, which we did last summer. Several delays kept construction from starting until early this year (you can see a lot of our updates on our Instagram account).
In fact, we even have a kickstarter campaign going to try to get the final push we need to finish our space.
(You can read more about our campaign on our Facebook page, instagram or kickstarter.)
Meanwhile, while all of that was going on, I was slowly working on my next cookbook.
Last month I published Pam’s Cookie Collection:
This is smaller than my other books with just 40-something recipes, but I’m proud of this one! It’s got lots of recipes that I’ve been baking at Desserts Plus over the years, along with lots of others that I created in my home kitchen.
You can get copies here:
If you don’t have any of my books but you’ve wanted them, now is a good time to get them! For the next week one of the rewards for our kickstarter campaign is a cookbook collection. You can get one copy of each of my three books – signed if you like! (It’s listed twice – once if you’re able to pick them up at our new café and once if you need them shipped throughout North America.)
I’ll try not to be such a stranger! Thanks for stopping by and reading.
Archive | Kickstarter RSS feed for this section
What a month!
- Trying something new. . you can now order Passover - A Kosher Collection on eBay. Get it in time for Passover!!... fb.me/1ebkUXqVH 5 days ago
- fb.me/6QQUmFHOK 5 days ago
- blog.pamelareiss.com/2017/03/13/coo… fb.me/ti3Yh9zJ 1 week ago
- Thanks to Norene Gilletz for the wonderful write-up in the CJN. fb.me/C1yFJwhw 2 weeks ago
- In case you missed it, we have a @DessertsPlus @kickstarter campaign going right now! Please consider pledging! kickstarter.com/projects/desse… 2 weeks ago
- Did you know there are 3 Hamantaschen dough and 4 filling recipes in Pam's Cookie Collection? Still time to get a... fb.me/J368yUZs 3 weeks ago